Monday, July 9, 2012

So, living in a college town post-graduation has it's ups and downs. Right now, the number of people I know in town is slightly limited due to everyone being at home/internships during the summer. I am so ready for the university to start classes again in the fall so some of my good friends who are a year behind me, and graduate in May, will be back.

On a side note, I will not sign my new hire paperwork until August and this kinda bothers me. I know I have the position but it doesn't seem set in stone yet. I am a worry wart and things like this keep me up at night because I always think of the worst case scenario...each and every time. Anyone else do that?

One thing, and the only thing so far, that I am looking forward to this summer is a workshop in late July/early August. It's given by the Summer Institute and will focus on 8th grade math Common Core activities. I am so excited to learn things that I can implement in my lessons! Another plus is that it will be led by one of my old college math professors! Super exciting!!

Does anyone else feel like they are not getting anywhere with planning for the upcoming year. I look around at all these blogs that I follow and see so many things being decorated/made/decided on. I feel like I am stuck in a rut with no ideas. It would probably help to have an actual curriculum...but that hasn't happened yet. Tips please!!!!

What all do I need to figure out? What should I be making? What should I be focusing on? Can you tell I am a little stressed about this?!?

I know that things will fall together but I am trying to limit the amount of stress I'll be experiencing when school starts because, get this, I'll still have to be working at least 1 part time job for the first couple months. Joy!

Y'all Enjoy!

Ms. McCown

No comments:

Post a Comment