Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Summer Before

This is the summer before my first year of teaching. As many of you may know, and may even be experiencing right now, I am excited, anxious, stressed, and nervous...all at the same time. There is so much to do that I find myself daydreaming about bulletin board ideas and what's the first thing you say on the first day of school (suggestions would be nice).

Let me introduce myself. My name is Erin McCown and I graduated this May from Louisiana Tech University with a B.S. degree in 6-12 grade Mathematics Education (with a second concentration in Physics). It's a mouth full but I am so excited!!! I want to show students how math is something to be loved, not feared.

So far this summer, I have bought some teaching supplies as well as classroom decor, decided on how I want to decorate one of my 2 bulletin boards, decided on how to incorporate the owl items I have bought, decided on how I want my Top 5 for 5 wall to look, and decided on how I want to check homework. I feel like I've done a good bit of brainstorming but then I worry because I have not put much into motion. I am so ready to be able to start moving into my classroom...hopefully then things will start rolling!!


3 comments:

  1. I totally understand being anxious about moving into your own classroom! I think that the whole concept of "this is your first year!" will feel more real once I get in there and put up my first piece of bulletin board trim.

    Congratulations on your first year!

    Sarah
    There's No Place Like Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your first year... I remember that feeling of joy, then absolute terror because I was placed in my first job mid-year. (Eek!)

    I'm sure you'll do great and I'm happy to be your new follower! :)

    Lauren
    Life In Middle School

    ReplyDelete