Tuesday, July 24, 2012

This week started off my marathon of Professional Development workshops. I literally have something to do/somewhere to be every day before school starts. I know a lot of y'all are in the same boat. I am absolutely thrilled to be given so many opportunities to advance my knowledge in a variety of areas before I even step foot into my first day of teaching!!

Right now, I'm in a two week MSP Project workshop that focuses on 8th grade math activities that correspond with the CCSSs we will be implementing. I have to admit, it was pretty surprising to see the variety of knowledge the teachers have in terms of technology. I understand now how blessed I am to be a young teacher who grew up in a school district that incorporated technology when it became available as well as attending a university that put a high focus on technology integration in all aspects of life. 

On a side note, our school times have been changed: we start at 7:10 and end at 2:50. This is going to take A LOT of getting used to. And working a part time job for at least the first 1.5 months (5-9 pm) is not going to make it any easier. If I can do this though, I believe that the rest of the year will seem like nothing!

Started moving some things into my classroom yesterday. More like dump and run it seemed lol. Actually got my new (to me) podium in the room today thanks to my amazing parents and it looks GREAT! Before and after pics below:
BEFORE

 AFTER 
I am a HUGE fan of free things and I think this podium is one of the best pieces I've ever been given!!!!!! So excited about it and the bright colors I'm using all over my room!

The 10 drawer rolling cart was bought at Office Depot and is where students will turn in their assignments for me to grade (tests, activities, etc.). Each class will have a designated drawer that will be labeled (whenever I have the time).

Well, it's bedtime for this girl! Up and at 'em bright and early tomorrow.

Y'all Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Your podium looks A-mazing!! Congrats on your first year of teaching. I look forward to following your journey!

    Im your newest follower!
    Jess
    From Blood to Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I had a wonderful time redoing it and it looks great in my room (pics to follow in the next week or so)!

      Thanks for following me!! You're number 3!! :)

      Delete
  2. Just found your blog through the Currently linky and am your newest follower!

    Amanda
    Teaching Maddeness
    Come join my HearALL giveaway that ends tomorrow and my New {School} Year Resolutions linky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your podium! Super cute! I want one for my classroom but I would never get to use it in second grade! :)

    Casey
    Second Grade Math Maniac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I adore it and it was so fun redoing!! I love things like that. And I bet it would be difficult to have one with that young of a grade. I walk around a lot while I teach but it's great for all the housekeeping business I have to do daily.

      Delete