Sunday, August 19, 2012

First Day of School

Friday was the first day of school. With new things, I am typically nervously excited and struggle sleeping. Because of this I went to bed at 9 Thursday night, read for a little bit, and fell asleep around 10. I did not wake up until MY ALARM WENT OFF! It was amazing! I love my new bed and mattress.

Our first day was a half day and it FLEW by. The majority of my students were there and I was so excited to finally get to meet them. 

Since our school changed times, we now start at 7:10, I was nervous that my first hour would be half asleep. Surprisingly, they seemed pretty alert and ready to meet me! (First day of 8th grade nerves, maybe??)

I know you want to know how it went so here it goes:
On a scale of 0 (me running from the room crying and wanting to quit) to 10 (perfection)...IT WAS A 9.5!!!!! It was almost creepy how well my first day went. I felt like I was actually connecting with most of my students and they were eager to listen to me. 

Now I know that things will not always be like that, but I hope the overall feeling of the year is just as positive. WOOHOO!!! Now to start the first full week...

Y'all Enjoy

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment