Tuesday, August 14, 2012

So Soon!

My students come FRIDAY!! If you didn't catch that....this FRIDAY!! 3 days from today! OH SNAP!! I'm excited and nervous so I guess the best word to use in anxious. And I know it's only going to get worse from here!

I've been putting so much time/energy/effort into my classroom and I finally finished it today (ok, 99% done). Thanks to my amazing parents and some wonderful friends, my room looks AMAZING, if I do say so myself.

Yesterday was my first 'official' day as an employee of the school board and we've got a week packed! Everyone was moaning a little bit about summer vacation being over, which I would have joined in on just a little bit had I even gotten a summer vacation. :/ Oh well! This makes the 4th week the 8th grade math department has been together in various workshops and I am SOOO glad we get along so well! I am super pumped about this year!

Here's my classroom!! I think my 8th graders will love it and the bright colors may make math seem a little less dreadful (fingers crossed!) I know there are a lot of pics...sorry!
Storage and Learning Log bins

view from front right
Storage and 10-drawer unit where students will turn in assignments
School information board...love the newspaper for background. Will post sports' schedules, bell schedules, etc. 
Where I will right the agenda for in class and homework. Made with electrical tape! (7th hour is honors) 
Filing cabinets and textbook storage. That's one of the posters I wrote about previously! 
Top 5 for 5 Wall & tissue paper pompon balls (they're all of my ceiling!)
http://designdazzle.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/how-to-make-tissue-pom-flowers.html
SmartBoard (with some border added) and ELMO on my technology cart. 
Absentee assignment pickup area...found a similar idea on Pinterest and loved it! Mine are stuck together with Velcro 
view from front left

Awesome firework valances that a wonderful friend of mine made! The colors go perfectly with everything in my room 
Awesome math clock, school motto, and my adorable hallpasses...you can't see the red M 
My desk area and the sweet teacher toolbox two of my friends made me for my birthday! The beach ball is for my 1st day of school activity. It's covered in questions and we'll throw it around the room with each student answering a question. I will provide my answer as well so they can get to know me more :)
view from back right
view from back left 

Like I said....I LOVE IT!!!! :)

Y'all Enjoy!

Erin


No comments:

Post a Comment